Background

Sunday, 12 February 2017

Kurt's Weetbix Tryathalon Story

It's always fun after the weekend to share some of the things we got up to with our families. Here's Kurt's story about the Weetbix Tryathalon. Ka pai, Kurt! It sounds like you did your best and competed really well (despite swallowing salt water during the swim!)

On Sunday I went to the Weet-bix Tryathalon. A tryathlon is when a whole load of kids go in their age groups and do these activities like swimming, bike riding and running. I didn’t like the swim because salt water got in my mouth. When you finish swimming you dry yourself off and get your bike to do your bike ride. For the bike ride you ride on the road. I like the bike ride mostly because I kept trying to beat other people. And guess what? I came second place! After you finish your bike, you put your bike back where you put all of your other bike gear. Then it’s time to start the run. You go around the whole field and there’s this big inflatable Weetbix sign. When you finish your run there’s famous NZ people that hand our medals. Eliza McCartney gave me my medal! I loved doing the Tryathalon, I hope I get to do it again next year. 

By Kurt