Background

Sunday, 5 November 2017

Welcome Miss Yip!

Parents and families may have seen a new face around Room 11 lately. We are very lucky to have a new teacher in our class - Miss Yip. Miss Chalmers has one day classroom release most weeks in order to work on her other roles and responsibilities around the school. On these days Miss Yip will be teaching in Room 11. Miss Chalmers and Miss Yip work very hard to make sure the classroom programme is not disrupted and continues to flow smoothly. Here's a little intro from Miss Yip:

Greetings everyone! My name is Keryn Yip- also known as "Miss Yip" and am releasing Miss Chalmers on Thursdays until the end of the year. I live in Wattle Downs and have been teaching primary school children for over ten years. I have two preschool aged boys who keep me busy when I am not at school. So far, I have really enjoyed getting to know the friendly kids and parents in Room 11! We have been enjoying swimming lessons at the local swimming pools as well as the "Wild Robot" chapter chat. If you see me on a Thursday, please feel free to come and say hello :)

For those who are interested, here's a little bit of information about how teacher release time works:

All New Zealand teachers receive a mandatory component of ‘Classroom Release Time’, or non contact time, each term. The amount of time teachers receive varies according to experience and leadership responsibilities. Teachers use this valuable time for a range of tasks such as spending time with individual children doing in-depth testing and assessment (particularly in literacy and numeracy), small group work, observation of other teachers, professional reading and research, updating records etc. Where possible we try to have a consistent release teacher to provide the release for each class, each term.